Friday, March 18, 2016

Featured Photographer: Lhaura Rain




"My name is Lhaura Rain, I live in Seville, Spain. I’m 24 years old, I love the cold, cloudy days and the rain. Everything that I see and like, I analyze as a scene from a movie. Photography has become the element of my life."


"I studied Image Laboratory five years ago and I’ve continued studying photography in a self-taught way along the years. At school they just taught me how to use the camera and a few more things, so everything related to photography’s "poetry" I learned it by myself. I can say that I have been photographing since 2012."


"Always the significance of light and shadows are important to me, in particular the treatment of color in the final image, to create an atmosphere."


"I like to recreate kind of a parallel reality, which evokes mystery, a bit of fantasy, a restlessness that it’s difficult to know where it comes from or where it goes. I play with this "limbo" that makes the viewer let their imagination fly.  Since I have awareness I’m a very observant person. I posses a keen eye for the detail in things and people in general. The light has always been an obsession of mine, when it comes to feeling comfortable somewhere. The light that comes from certain objects, and the way it behaves by interfering on them. To create an image and be able to deliver a story or a feeling through it, that’s the most addictive way to express that I know of."


"Before creating a session or series I always do research about what I want to interpret, I search for textures and poses. Sometimes I look for inspiration in other photographers, but to my satisfaction the result that I get is something totally different."


"I create my own version. To believe is to create."


"My inspiration comes from photographers like Gregory Crewdson, Philip-Lorca dicorcia or Mark Rubenstein, to me this style of photography is the one that represents the most my way of seeing the world. When I see pictures of hands from Alfred Stieglitz, they transmit me a much powerful message than any other part of the body. All I know is that I need to make them."

No comments:

Post a Comment